I still can’t comprehend that it’s 2021. Like, what?! We’re officially into the 20s?! Aaaah!! Anyway, besides my minor (maybe major) freakout I am seriously excited for this year. I feel like there are a lot of things to look forward too for this year. I’m hoping you’re all doing well and staying safe.
I kinda suck at goals but we’ll give this a try!
My Reading Goals:
- Read 100 books.
- Have over 50% of books be written by BIPOC and/or LGBTQ authors. This is the same for main characters!
- Read more contemporary.
- Reread less.
My Writing Goals:
- Actually finish some stories. 😂
- Write more contemporary. See a pattern here?
- Focus more on characters, rather than plot.
- Focus on the atmosphere of the story. This is one of my favourite parts of reading so I’ll give it a try.
My Blogging Goals:
- Blog at least twice a week.
- Try to get a design down for my blog.
- Blog equally about writing and reading.
- Participate in more tags.
- Communicate with the blogging community!!
- Get 50+ followers. I know the stats don’t matter, but I really appreciate having readers on my blog. ❤️
- Finish seven seasons Brooklyn 99. At the rate I’m going that won’t be hard!
- Hopefully do some acting programs!
- Look at my phone less.
- Learn latin. We’ll see how this goes!!
- Continue to do things that I love. I feel like I was pretty down in the last part of 2020, and I hope 2021 will be a happier year.
New Releases I’m Looking Forward To:
- Concrete Rose – Angie Thomas
- The Gilded Ones – Namina Forna
- Hani and Ishu’s Guide To Fake Dating – Adiba Jaigirdar
- Jay’s Gay Agenda – Jason June
- Witches Steeped In Gold – Ciannon Smart
- The Infinity Courts – Akemi Dawn Bowman
- The Ones We’re Meant To Find – Joan He
There are SO many more, but these are the ones that come to mind.
Any other new releases to look forward to? What are your goals for 2021?